Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ziplock Omlet

And now, it's time for an entry into .. TALES OF THE WEIRD! Did you know you can make an omelette in ziploc bag? It's true, my friends. No omlette pan, no flipping, no breaking. Just pure and simple egg goodness. There's not even a need to get out a bowl to beat the eggs in. Even the laziest person can eat healthy lol
Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- Your choice of add-ins (onions, peppers, cheese, mushrooms, veggies, etc.)
Set a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into the bag, and shake to combine them. Put in your ingredients and shake gently to combine.
Before placing the bage in the boiling water, make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared to be amazed.
Ziploc Omelette
Ziploc Omelette

4 comments :

  1. I want to make omelets for the week this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg if you try this let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I cannot wit to make omelets this way! sooooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please be careful when doing this. One of my bags fell over the side of my pan and caught on fire. Luckily I noticed it in time and got the flames out! One of the bags also boiled a hole I'm itself and waterlogged one of them. I was using Ziploc brand freezer bags. Big dangerous fail for me :(

    ReplyDelete