Motivation

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Motivation- everyone wants it but why is it so hard to hold onto.  It’s like a slippery bar of soap…we know it’s good for us but it’s still so hard to keep a firm grasp on.  How do you overcome the negatives from those around us when we are trying to reach our goals?  Often times we are discouraged by the people who love us and want the best for us. “Oh come on, it’s just ONE piece of cake.”   It’s within our nature to try to gain acceptance from others.  We want them to like us. Even family members may discourage you from going to the gym. It become difficult because it's something we have to do for ourselves, yet no one around us supports us. This of course happened to me at first as well. I went to the gym alone and it was difficult.  It was a bit shocking how many negative comments I got from co-workers and family members. Then I asked myself what I was doing this for and the answer was "me". I didn't need their acceptance because I’m doing this for ME. I have found that putting my goals and intentions out there have allowed me to meet and befriend others who share my vision. 

If you need a kick in the butt:
  • find a training partner
  • Join a class
  • Try a "bootcamp"
  • Join a website such as Team Beach Body  Build your profile and track your progress!
  • Hire a personal trainer and sign a commitment for a few months.


These are just a few things you can do to help you stay focused and positive. Do what works for you 
On a final note,,,EVERYONE has days where they just want to lie in bed rather than go to the gym and that's ok too. Just don't do it too often and make excuses for not going because everyone I know who actually dragged themselves there....was glad they went. You never regret a workout! You do however regret not making yourself and your health enough of a priority to workout.  I have built unbelievable relationships with others who are bettering themselves one day at a time.
Feel free to write to me if you need some additional support! A journey is 10,000 and making the decision to better your life and your health is step 1! It doesn't have to been a lonely journey, all you have to do is reach out to those around you and you'll be surprised at who comes out of the woodworks to lend a hand!!
Smile...there is hope for everyone!


- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -