Serves 3 big portions, or 6 small
- 1/4 of a medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Frontera Enchilada Sauce, Chipotle Garlic
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 6 oz Asadero cheese, grated (perfect for melting, low-calorie too)
- Fage 0% greek yogurt (used in place of sour cream)
- Green onion, chopped
- Cooking spray or oil (I use coconut oil)
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a medium sauté pan, heat about a half a teaspoon of oil on medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Then add the garlic, ground sirloin, beans, oregano, and other spices.
Break apart the sirloin and cook until the meat has browned. Pour off any liquid in the pan. Add half of the jar of Frontera sauce and stir until incorporated.
Evenly fill the 6 tortillas with the mixture and roll the tortilla. Place the tortilla in a 9 x 13 inch pan, with the fold side facing down. Cover the tortillas with the rest of the enchilada sauce and then the grated cheese. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Enjoy with a dab of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of green onion.