A quick and easy week night meal that tasted gourmet and delicious.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup of kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 small slices of Mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 425.
In an oven proof pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Cut the chicken breasts in half then season each side with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder, and dried oregano, to taste. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken over then add the crushed red pepper flakes, tomatoes, olives, and capers to the pan. Place into the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Lay the cheese on top of each piece of chicken then continue to cook for 2 minutes. Serve with fresh basil on top. Enjoy.