How to Make Edamame Hummus on Crostini
Serves: 4 to 6
For the Sprouted Whole Grain Crostini:
- 6 to 8 slices sprouted whole grain bread (
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using kitchen shears, trim the crust off each piece of bread. Cut the bread diagonally, forming triangles. Use a small basting brush and lightly brush the tops of each piece of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Season bread with salt.
- Place bread slices in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Remove from oven and spread with edamame hummus (recipe below).
For the Edamame Hummus:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen organic edamame beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Black olive slices, optional
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and half of the garlic (set the remaining raw garlic aside); sauté 2 -3 minutes, or until shallots and garlic are soft. Remove from heat.
- Add the edamame beans, parsley, lemon juice, sautéed garlic and shallots and reserved raw garlic to a food processor; process until smooth and creamy. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Spread edamame hummus on top of the crostini. Serve at once.