Girls weekend!! Fun? Yes! Guilt? No!

Sunday, May 15, 2011


I just had the most amazing girls weekend ever! I never thought my life would led me to a place where 2 of my best girl friends would be from Florida and DC.  Thank you social media for taking geography out of the equation because it really helped bring us closer together. The Bombshell Dynasty really is a family with strong emotional ties and this weekend just proved how powerful that can be.
When you are younger, you choose your friends based on location and interests. As you grow older and you interests and vision of the world expands...you realize that you can choose friends based on a common goal or passion. Not only does it give you TONS to talk about, but just spending time with those people IGNITES a fire in your soul. You "become" the person your 10 closest friends are. I don't know about you guys but for me that means surrounding myself with positive, caring, motivated, driven and PASSIONATE people.

Columbus, as it turns out, is actually a beautiful city. I had NO idea!! They had the most amazing boutiques and little shops downtown. Even though we were on our way to a Beachbody event, you can't put 3 girls in a car together and not expect them to end up finding somewhere to shop lol I'm not sure what these shoes were all about...but YIKES!



 My wonderful future brother-in-law hooked us up with an awesome hotel room right next to the Convention Center. It was a shame we were only staying for the night because the room and view were flat out incredible!! Nothing quite like being on the 20th floor!

 


  

We did get to explore the city just a little bit, but weather was not on our side all weekend. It's such a shame when you spend all of that time trying to get your hair to look nice and it just ends up raining anyway.

But we made the best of it!





It was incredibly profound to wake up the next morning to see all of the runners/walkers in the Race for th Cure. 
Talk about a powerful movement! I wish I would have taken more pictures of the Race. 
We all took a moment of silence to let the meaning of the race and how many lives cancer has affected to really set in. It's people helping people.  

 That's what Beachbody is about....People helping change the lives of other people. My life has been changed. My family's life has been changed. So many people who were depressed or living with health conditions have been able to turn their lives around and become a success story...become an inspiration....become a ROLE MODEL and a leader. Hearing all of those stories made me want to jump into action right there! It was non-stop brain storming all weekend.



How are we going to change lives? How are we going to reach out and show people how important taking care of their body/mind/soul is? How are we going to make a difference? How are we going to make positive changes in our lives & light our lives so the path for others can be a little brighter? How are we going to survive this crazy storm??? I swear we were right in the middle of it- could not see 10 feet in front of the car!!
  

All of that crazy driving and thinking can make you hungry, so we decided to splurge and treat ourselves to Olive Garden!

We ordered what we wanted, ate the breadsticks and did not feel a single bit guilty about it! Why? I feel like I used to be in a place where I could easily slip back into old eating habits. Something as simple as a weekend with friends would spiral me back into missing workouts and poor eating choices. Why is that different now? P90X is not about doing something perfect for 90 days. I'm sure there are some ultra dedicated people out there who make it happen...but when I was trying to be "perfect" at it, I failed 4 times. When I started viewing it as something I was doing day to day to get better over time I had way more success. I was able to stick with it longer because it didn't feel like 90 days of being perfect and not messing up. It felt like each day, I was one step closer to my goal. If I messed up, I did not let it completely derail me- I just knew that I had to do better at the next meal and everyday was a clean slate to make new decisions. The RIGHT ones. As you eat clean and workout, you find that you actually ENJOY it and you don't want to go back to your old lethargic life where you felt like crap all of the time. You want to love your body, feel good and enjoy your life!

Enjoy your cheat meals when you have them, KNOWING that you are going to eat clean 90% of the time. I love cheat meals, not because I enjoy the food, but because it REMINDS me of how crappy that food makes me feel. It reminds me WHY I put in the effort to prepare my meals ahead of time.
So yes, we did have fun. We did enjoy those yummy, warm, garlicky/salty breadsticks...but when we got home we helped motivated each other to do a little workout to burn some of that meal off. After working out, we all felt a renewed sense of energy and stayed up talking until 4 am lol

So don't beat yourself up about missing a workout or eating badly here and there. The important thing is you get back on the horse the next day! Don't let your past hold you back from the future you know you deserve!!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -