- 1 cup natural quick-cooking oatmeal
- 5 tsp lime zest, divided
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped, divided
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into 4 4-oz pieces and pounded thin with a meat mallet or bottom of a flat pan
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 mango
- 2 navel or Valencia oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tbsp lime juice or juice 1 lime
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Thai or regular basil, shredded
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Put oatmeal, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 tsp ginger, coconut, peanuts, cayenne, oil and garlic in a food processor. Pulse 5 or 6 times until finely mixed.
- In a large, wide bowl, beat egg white with 1 tbsp water. Pat chicken dry with paper towel, dip in egg white and then oatmeal mixture. Place chicken on cookie sheet misted with cooking spray. Then lightly spray chicken breasts with cooking spray and bake for 7 minutes. Turn down oven to 375°F and continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, peel and slice mango into 1/2-inch pieces. In large bowl, place mango, oranges, remaining 3 tsp lime zest, remaining 1 tsp ginger, lime juice, red pepper, basil, salt and black pepper. Toss well. Serve 1 chicken breast with 3/4 cup mango salsa.
Nutrients per serving (4 oz chicken and 3/4 cup salsa): Calories: 360, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 2.5 g, Carbs: 27 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 15 g, Protein: 39 g, Sodium: 105 mg, Cholesterol: 95 mg