I Love summer food!!
- 1ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced into thick slices
- 2 Tbsp.fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp.olive oil
- 2medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1serrano chile pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ cupminced white onion
- ½ tsp.sea salt, or to taste
Also try: Jalapeño pepper may be substituted for serrano, or for a milder flavor substitute a little red or yellow bell pepper. Also try grilling the tomatoes, chile and onion before chopping them for more smoky-grilled flavor.Serving Suggestions: Serve with warm tortilla chips or as a topping for grilled burgers, chicken or fish.
- Drizzle the avocado slices with fresh lime or lemon juice and brush lightly with the olive oil. Gently place slices on grill over hot coals for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Core and seed the tomatoes. Cut into ¼-inch dice and place in a medium bowl.
- Protecting your hand with rubber gloves, trim the stem, seeds and center vein from the chile(s). Add to tomatoes along with the minced onion and salt.
- Cut the grilled avocado slices into chunks. Gently stir into the pico de gallo and serve.