I LOVE the beginning of the month because it always feels like the PERFECT time to renew commitments, start new goals, and while it can be scary/intimating deciding that today is the first step on whatever journey you embark on....it's also EXCITING to know that in less than a month...you can start a new habit...change your life for the better....help others and inspire them to start their own journey...AHHHH the possibilities!! Can you feel it??
Want to reach some goals (personal, weight loss, business) WRITE THE DOWN... on paper, with a pen. There is a subconscious connection when you take that physical action. Even better... it's July 1st...first day of the month! Just think of what you could do in the next 30 days! Just try it. It works.
My 60 Day Goals:
*Complete INSANITY- they say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger lol
*Reach my goal Fitness Level (Beach wedding in 2 months!!)
*Reach 1 Star Diamond so I can go to the Beachbody Leadership Conference
*Help 8 people with their goals fitness/financial
*Refine my organization skills by learning how to utilize the computer better. I just love my little planner. Paper & Pen just makes me feel better lol
I am really excited about this weekend because....
#1 Kenny Chensey tomorrow!!! It's not so much the concert...but the TAILGATING that makes it amazing! I won't be drinking, but I will be getting a tan & hanging out all day!!
#2 Beachbody party is TONIGHT! That means hanging out with tons of pretty ladies who want to get fit & healthy :) I LOVE that we can still have Girl time without having to go out to drink!
#3 I get to see my BEST FRIENDS all weekend!
#4 I'm off on Monday & there will be FIREWORKS!!!
For those of you who need help this weekend making better food choices...check out this site Eating Well
And here are some ideas for some Healthy Foods foods to celebrate the 4th of July
1. Lean Turkey Burgers
2. Grilled Vegetables
3. Boiled Shrimp
5. Chicken Kabobs
6. Corn on the cob
7. Vegetable crudité platter and hummus
8. Coleslaw with low fat dressing
9. Frozen Fruit bars (Dreyers)
10. Strawberries and Berries with Light Cool Whip
Fajita Turkey Burgers
YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
- 1/4 cup bottled tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Combine tomatillo salsa, chopped avocado, and cilantro; set aside.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 cup.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs, onion mixture, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomato paste, turkey, and egg white in a large bowl. Using damp hands, divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Heat pan over medium heat. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa mixture; top with remaining halves of buns.
- 349 calories, 11.5 grams of fat