- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 heads Belgian endive, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet on high. Season both sides of chicken with pepper and thyme and brown for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In same skillet, add endive, honey, lemon juice and broth and boil until liquid is syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, add parsley and toss until chicken is coated with pan juices. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (3 oz chicken and 1/4 cup endive): Calories: 146, Total Fat: 4.5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 8 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 0. 25 g, Protein: 21 g, Sodium: 67 mg, Cholesterol: 49 mg