How to Lose those last 10 lbs

Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Last 10 Lbs! Argh!!!

Yes, we have all been there, well at least many of us have, and we are always wondering how to lose the last 10 pounds, right? People are so excited to work out, begin working out, get pretty good results, but for some reason those last few pounds just don’t want to come off! Why is this happening to me? I’m committing myself 100% to BOTH the diet and the workouts, but I’ve got this stubborn little layer of fat that just doesn’t want to disappear! Calm down people, take a deep breath, I’ve been there and know many people who have as well, and can help you out. Yes, sometimes you will come to a point in your fitness journey where you do indeed hit a plateau, but there are a few things that you can do to make sure you continue seeing results.
Tips on how to lose the last 10 pounds..
(1) Switch up the workouts. Are you doing the same workouts week in and week out? If so, that might be the issue. One of the great things about P90X is that there are 3 phases, and each phase switches things up, not allowing you to hit a plateau. For example, many people might go to the gym every single day, doing the same workouts over and over again, but unless you confuse the heck out of the muscles (muscle confusion), you’re never going to get beyond that plateau. Stop being stubborn and thinking that miraculously the same routine that you’ve been doing for the last 10 years is going to help you lose that last bit of weight! The only reason I’m saying this is because I was that guy. Follow a program like P90X, which switches things up, allowing you to continue seeing results until you reach your goals.
(2) Increase the calories. There is this massive misconception that the less calories you eat, the more weight you will lose. Pretty interesting really because even though people have trouble losing the last 10 lbs, have been frustrated beyond belief because they’ve been stuck in that rut for months on end, the last thing they will do is increase the calories! When I say this to the people I coach, especially women, they always say, “You want me to do WHAT!?” Yes, you heard me correctly, increase the calories! Why? Let me explain. After you work out for quite some time, lose a lot of body fat and build some muscle, your body needs more calories to get you through the day. If you don’t increase as you get into better shape, you risk going into starvation mode, which happens quite a bit to people, where your body will store fat and not let you burn it. So if you’re having trouble losing the last 10 lbs and are in good shape, try increasing the calories by a few hundred or even more, seeing how your body responds. The majority of the time you will see the weight start coming off again.
(3) Switch up your diet. Yes, there is even something called diet confusion! Well, at least I think there is, and there might even be a chance that I made that up, but it works, at least it did for me. After I went through my first round of P90X, eating the EXACT same thing every day, if I wanted to continue seeing results, I had to switch up my diet. I remember trying something called carb cycling, and there are a few ways you can do this. The first is increasing the carbs on resistance days, and decreasing on cardio days. The other is increasing the carbs for a few days and then decreasing for a few days. What it does is sort of jump start your metabolism, helping you lose those last 10 lbs. If you’ve hit a plateau and want to know how to lose the last 10 lbs, then mess around with your diet, but remember, it’s VERY IMPORTANT that you continue to eat healthy! You’re not going to reach your goals by eating a Big Mac and pizza every day.
(4) Use Shakeology. After I went through P90X, I hit a plateau and it seemed like nothing I did could me out of it. When I was introduced to Shakeology, I was very skeptical at first, but decided to give it a try because I was hearing many success stories from the people who were using it. After using it for a month, I ended up literally getting into the best shape I’ve ever been in, losing an extra 10 lbs, but interestingly enough, being the strongest I’ve been at the same time.  I then recommended it to all of my family and friends, and they all experienced similar results! I have been using it every day for the past year, and is something I HIGHLY recommend to everyone because not only is it something that I have personally experienced results with, but so have many of my friends, family, and the people that I coach! 
Hopefully those tips on how to lose the last 10 lbs were helpful. Remember, if you don’t want to create your own workout routine and diet, follow P90X, which already has both muscle and diet confusion built in. It’s what I followed and the reason I’m in such great shape today!
Some things that cost $4 are overpriced while others that cost $4 are a bargain. Always consider value AND price... "Price Is What You Pay. Value Is What You Get" ~ Warren Buffett.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I found your blog searching for shakeology. I have read about it and look in beachbody website, but I couldn't find how to use it.

    Is it once per day ? or is it all meals with shakes?

    I'd really appreciate your help and comments.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there!

    I use it to replace one meal a day. I always tell people to replace the meal that is the hardest for you to eat (for most people that seems to be breakfast!!). You can also use Shakeology as a snack =)

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -