Chocolate Covered Katie- Cookie Dough Dip Recipe

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Woahhh this is def a winner!! HAD to share!! Enjoy....

Want to eat a BIG bowl of cookie dough?

Of course you all said yes.
Right? Right?

Good, because the following recipe is so delicious you’ll want to do just that.





It’s like a gooey, unbaked form of those Chocolate-Chip Blondies.

I don’t know about you, but when I make the genius blondies, quite a bit of the raw dough gets consumed in the process! So I figured, why bother baking them at all? Especially with the summer weather approaching, this is a great way to get your blondie fix without turning on the oven.

But will “normal” people like it?

Often, I’m unsure if a recipe with which I am in love will be a hit with the general population of people who aren’t used to healthy food. Yes, I have my wonderful taste-testing friends… but by now, they pretty much know that anything I’m asking them to taste will be healthy. Therefore, I worry their judgment might be biased (i.e. they might think, “Well, this is good… for a healthy dessert.) But I don’t want my desserts to be good for a healthy dessert. I want them to be good, period.

The following is directly from my About Me page:

I refuse to believe one must give up delicious food in order to be healthy… Healthy food can taste incredible when it’s prepared the right way.





Time to get sneaky!

I brought this dip to a party. But I didn’t tell anyone it was healthy, and I didn’t tell anyone it was mine. I simply set the dip down on the table amidst the other snacks.

Something amazing happened

People tried the dip. They went back for seconds. Then thirds. Everyone kept asking, “Who brought the cookie dough dip? I need this recipe!” And I can’t tell you how many girls said, “Ugh I gotta stop eating this stuff” or “Where are my fat pants?”

When I finally admitted the dip was healthy (and that it contained chickpeas!), no one would believe me. Therefore, this recipe is a winner .



This dip is high in protein, gluten-free, and it can even be sugar-free!

Cookie Dough Dip

Inspired by this awesome recipe.
1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)
up to 1/4 cup nondairy milk (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
Sweetener (see note below, for amount)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

See the following link for a Sugar-Free Version.

Sweetener Notes: I used 2/3 cup brown sugar when I first made this for the party. Liquid sweeteners (agave, maple, etc.) are fine as well. You can easily get away with less sugar– some people will be perfectly fine with just 3 T for the whole recipe! And if you don’t want any sugar, be sure to check out the “no-sugar” version linked above. (You can also use stevia, if you like the taste of stevia-sweetened desserts. Try 2-3 packets of NuNaturals stevia, and add more sweetener if needed. I wouldn’t recommend serving an all-stevia version to party guests, though.)



Let’s talk dippage!

You can, of course, just eat this stuff by the spoonful. (I am a piggy, and this is therefore my preferred method of eating the dip.) For the party, I served it with graham crackers. But fresh fruit might also be nice. Or, you could get totally naughty and…



Dip in some chocolate-chip Guilt-Free Cookies.

Yikes, this is a wordy post! I normally try to keep my posts concise, so as not to talk your ears off. Therefore, I don’t know if you can tell, from reading my blog: In real life, I am a chatterbox!

I’ll end this post now, but I have a ton of fun recipes to post soon, including Snickerdoodle Dip and Funfetti Blondies!

If you want:


You can now get Healthy Dessert Recipes by email.

Then you won’t have to remember to keep checking back .

1 comment:

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -