Ok so this is a little random and deviates from what I typically post about BUT I think you all know my love of footwear and let's be honest...you can have a sexy pair of shoes....that are ruined by your dirty black feet.
We've all been there! You're torn between showing off your hot kicks...and hiding your dried out dirty feet hahah ohhhh summer!
Treating cracked heels and blackened feet
An easy six-step solution:
- Put shaving cream on your feet.
- In a bucket or sink, combine equal parts warm water and Listerine.
- Soak a small hand towel in the solution of water and Listerine.
- While the shaving cream is still on your feet wrap the wet hand towel around your feet and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, use the towel to rub your feet. Some of the calloused and discolored skin will rub off.
- Apply a healthy amount of lotion to your feet.
- After your foot bath, is it a good idea to spend at least 5 minutes drying your feet. You want to make sure you do not put your socks and shoes on with your feet still wet or damp (this can cause bacteria growth and infection). Use a towel to pat your feet dry and be sure to get in between the toes.
You can only use this method once a week or your feet will become very sore. Remember, this technique literally takes off a layer of skin.
In general, please pay attention to your feet. It is very easy to get a foot infection due to the fact that they get little air, they sweat, and they are in limited space in a shoe to move.