Avocado Hummus

Friday, May 4, 2012

Ok this is a MUST share from http://acozykitchen.com/ Avocado Hummus! Yesss please!

avocado hummus is delicious. And I know I say that a lot, but I really rilly like this one. It’s a good one!
In other related news, why are avocados so expensive? I get that they’re delicious, buttery, fatty (in a healthy way!), pretty, and again, delicious.

No but really…

I like to consider myself a pretty good “ripe” fruit picker, but avocados sort of make me nervous, because sometimes they’re perfectly ripe, yet their exterior is still a little green. This is risky business. Because, I mean, what if I cut into it, thinking it’s ripe and then…it’s not. That’s a whole $2-$3 in the garbage. Stressful!
I sometimes put my pride on the side and I enlist the produce guy to help. He’s always knows what’s up. He picked the ones you see below. They were sort of unripe looking on the outside, slightly soft and totally perfect on the outside. He’s good!


avocado hummus is exactly what it sounds like: avocado and hummus totally making out, getting married and making a child.

I went the traditional hummus route. There’s a good dose of garlic in this, lemon flavor for days and an awesome tahini flavor. The avocado flavor is subtle, yet totally apparent.

Can we also just discuss how delicious tahini is?! I want to put it in everything right now.




Avocado Hummus
Print this recipe!

2 garlic cloves
1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tablespoon tahini
2 avocados
Salt
Olive Oil
Paprika

1. Place garlic cloves, garbanzo beans, lemon zest and juice from the lemon and tahini in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Salt to taste.

2. Add two avocados and blend just until smooth. Salt to taste once more. Transfer to a bowl, pour a few tablespoons of olive oil on top, and sprinkle a few dashes of paprika. Serve with whatever you like, whether it be pita chips, warm slices of pita or crackers.

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -