Body Beast Progress Day 15 Build: Shoulders

Monday, July 30, 2012

Woooweee! I just wrapped up Day 15 of Body Beast and I am BEAT! Build: Shoulders



Please don't ask me to raise my arms above my head haha The workout is about 38 minutes long and focusing on creating perfect deltoids (fyi deltoid muscle is the muscle forming the rounded contour of the shoulder, thanks wikipedia!) 


On to the workout: 
BUILD:Shoulders leverages single sets, super sets and a killer giant set of a broad range of shoulder movements. Exercises include dumbbell shoulder press, lateral raise, upright row, EZ bar underhand press, front raise series, rear delt raise, dumbbell shrug, dumbbell scap trap, six way shoulder raise and you finish up with Ab tuck & rolls.
The limited breaks within sets keeps your muscles engaged and heart rate elevated. The workout took me about 55 minutes instead of 38 because I needed to pause to change out my weights....and quite honestly because I needed a break! haha

Everyone has been asking me if I've seen results yet. Here's the deal, physically I haven't seen much change (although I felt the same way when I was doing P90X. It wasn't until I compared pictures that I saw the changes). BUT I have gotten a LOT stronger! 
I'm seeing a lot of improvement in my form and the amount I can lift! Booyahhhh!! Check this out! The highlighted areas are where I improved!

Standing Dumbbell raises takes the Gold- I went from 5-10 lbs up to 25-35!

This is exactly why it's so important to track your progress! If you need the Body Beast worksheets, here is the link to Download them. 
Tracking can be a little tedious but you strive to improve your numbers and you feel like a total Bad ace when you dominate!

Sweaty mess!!
I'm going to blog about each of the workouts...but I will say...much to my surprise...I am LOVING this workout! I was intimidated at first because it's aimed at men- but Sagi is unintentionally hilarious which is entertaining enough to distract me from the fact that we are working out lol
Sagi hassles the other guys in the workout- "Did your mommy write you a permission slip?" "Is that all Barbie?!" 

But, he is really right there working with you...pushing you...he even urges you to continue and work on your form even if you need to drop the weights and continue with just the movement. Very encouraging! 

Since I'm so beat...I didn't want to mess around with dinner. Sooo why not throw everything in a pan in the oven!

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

1 to 2 lbs. chicken breasts

  • 1 package of frozen broccoli 
  • Soup (chicken or I used Miso because that's all I have)
  • 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
  • Aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 375. 

Wash  chicken under cold running water. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel & place it on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and throw in roasting pan or pyrex dish.

Add your frozen broccoli in with the chicken and pour the soup over  it. Mix in 1/2 cup of hot water and the rice and stir well until creamy.

Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and place the pan in the oven. Cook the dish for an hour.

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -