Eating Clean - How to Avoid Temptation

Monday, October 1, 2012

One of the BEST ways to avoid temptation is to remove yourself from your trigger foods and not keep them around. I have enough will power to avoid things in the store...but if they come home....so help me! They are getting DEVOURED! Even though I KNOW what I'm doing and that I'll regret it...I can't stop! 

With that being said...I run a TIGHT ship around here whenever possible. Doesn't it feel like it's ALWAYS someone's birthday or shower or something that involves derailing me from my goals. So I control what I can and make sure those goodies never make it past the front door. 

Now, I'm not going to lie...there have been times when I make the trip to the fridge...open it...find nothing sweet...close it...go sit down...get back up...open fridge...repeat 
BUT it IS a lot easier to reach for the good stuff when there is nothing bad to grab. The secret to success is simple...PLAN & PREPARE. 

It's MUCH easier to heat & eat! and this will keep you from going through the drive thru in a crunch. 

I used to work this insane job with the craziest hours...and I HATED being stuck at work and hungry. Because the fear loomed over me...I used to stuff my face to the point that I was bursting just to POSSIBLY avoid being hungry later. 
Apparently, I'm a complete blonde and it never occurred to me to plan...prepare and pack snacks (healthy ones!) ahead of time. Once I started bringing my lunch and snacks...voila! I started seeing SERIOUS results!

Now, I'm not perfect. We still have a cheat meal on date night. But between planning my meals, not keeping junk in the house and PLANNING my cheat...it keeps me sane, happy and still fitting in my skinny jeans =) 

So what is in my fridge right now?

Well here is the meal plan

Meal 1- 6 Egg Whites, 1 Cup Veggies
Meal 2- Protein Shake
Meal 3- 6 oz chicken, 1/2 C Brown Rice
Meal 4- Shakeology
Meal 5- 6 oz Chicken, 1 Cup Green Beans
Meal 6- Casein Shake

That's about 1600 calories =) Annnd you actually feel satisfied! Yayyy!




- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -