Fitness Accountability Group

Monday, May 18, 2015

Let's talk 
Since dealing with my thyroid disease(Hashimoto's), I feel like I've gone through the "Five Stages of Gluten Grief"
  • Denial - No way! This doesn't happen to me- I eat healthy foods! "Gluten Free" is a marketing ploy
  • Anger & Overwhelm - This is bull crap and Gluten Free Foods suck butt. I don't even know where to start. This sucks. 
  • Rationalizing - What if I just eat ONE GF meal a day? What's the harm? It's less than I was eating before. 
  • Depression - My life is never going to be the same. Going out to eat is going to be awful- I'm just going to stay home forever. 
  • Acceptance - Ok, Im hungry. I better figure this out. 
Oddly enough... I didn't realize until yesterday that I've been going through something similar with my workouts. From stomping my feet and trying to soldier through 21DFX... to throwing my hands up in the air and saying "I give up"

I've finally reached a good place where I am accepting these challenges and I'm ENCOURAGED to keep pushing forward. .Workout programs are not "one size fits all". And while I DO believe the things we hate doing the most, are usually the things we NEED the most (ie pushups for me! haha) ...sometimes you need to listen to your body.

About 4 years ago, I tried to do Insanity. I did not enjoy it at all... and found myself avoiding my workout room. Instead of doing a less intense workout or modifying, I just stopped doing anything at all. To get out of my funk, I recommitted to P90X and had amazing results. I connected MORE with Tony and I found myself looking forward to that time. Sooo I decided to reapply that same strategy.

Recently, I discovered PIYO. To be honest, this was the LAST workout I could imagine myself doing. It seemed like it was too slow and would bore me... but actually... it's reenergizing me, I'm falling in love with my workout time again... and... I just feel good!

smile emoticon 

I'm SO grateful that I became a "Coach" because it always pulls me back to my priorities... Lead a healthy, fulfilling life while inspiring others to do the same. Love my FitFam!
If you have gotten in a funk or maybe you are also dealing with thyroid issues, don't give up! Try something new. Modify. Blast your own workout music mix -- switch things up! Just don't give up. .Maybe you feel like you need some motivation... maybe you need to recommit...or maybe you need to just GET STARTED....
I'm here for you! Cheering you on!

Starting my next accountability group ::JUNE 1st::

If you want to learn how to build a healthy lifestyle (and get the support of some AMAZING people doing the same) Join us!

-- Commit to a simple workout & meal plan
-- Drink nutrient dense shake daily {chocolate heaven!}
-- 30 minute workouts
-- Be accountable to a group of people
-- Put your health first & learn how to implement new habits
Message me or apply below!


Can't wait to connect! xoxo


**PS If you are currently working with a coach, I would love for you to connect with them. I know it would mean a lot to them!


- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -