Kati's Favorite Things!
- Gratitude Jar from Studio Penny Lane ($34) Obsessed with these! I feel like it's the perfect gift for ANYONE. Whether you have a positive friend..or someone who needs some positivity in their life...they can benefit from this. What you focus on EXPANDS! These beautiful jars have messages about faith, spirituality, RELATIONSHIPS & gratitude. I love them so much I want to get one for myself hehe
- Barefoot Dreams Cozy Blanket ($108+) Before you slide right past this one due to the price (trust me, I can appreciate the sheer insanity of spending a hundred bucks on a throw blanket), let me just say I am forever grateful I gave them a chance! In fact, we loved these so much, we couldn't share and had to snag a second haha!You know those ridiculously soft, stretchy socks that feel like heaven on your feet? ...yea...imagine a BLANKET from that material.Somehow this throw is WARM but breathable. I don't understand it.... but it's been PERFECT for both summer and winter.If you are looking for a White Elephant gift ($100 value), your friends and family will be fighting over this once they feel it! haha
- Berkshire Blanket Costco ($12) Yes, you read that right...TWELVE dollars. A far departure from the price tag above. If you are like me, you are instantly skeptical...questioning the quality. But I've purchased 4 of these puppies and they are top notch. Super snuggly, SOFT and they wash well! You need a Costco membership for this one because it's only sold in stores. Available in Queen & King.
- Candle by Voluspa ($26) A cliché gift? Maybe... But once you smell this baby, you will be CONVINCED it's worth it. I cannot get enough! I burn this anytime we have guests, and we always get compliments on it. I can't speak for the other scents...but Goji & Tarocco Orange is to DIE for!They sell these on Voluspa's website, sometimes Amazon, Anthropologie, Alter'd State and more...I prefer to buy through Nordstrom for the points!
- Canvas Laundry Cart from Restoration Hardware ($63-111) This might seem like an odd addition to the list... but in thinking about the things that make my life easier... this is at the TOP of the list. I flippin' LOVE this Laundry cart. (In fact, I have two! The large version and the medium round one). We have the benefit of a first floor bedroom, so it's easy to toss clothes in and glide across the house.It makes your laundry room look pretty & profesh..and doubles as a doggie stroller lol
- Winter Accessories (Hat, Scarf & Gloves)
The North Face Fur Pom Beanie ($35)
Free People Brushed Fringe Scarf ($48)AE Lace Up Gloves ($21)
Another cliché gift...but truly...can you ever have enough protection from the cold? Prices range WILDLY on these items. You can find super cute options at Target, Tj Maxx etc...opt for super functional items from REI or fancy ones from Nordstrom. PS I love Free People & American Eagle for these items too!
- Pudus Slipper Socks ($25)ULTRA plush, SOFT, animal friendly slipper socksCannot get over how THICK & cozy (yet lightweight) these are- and with ONE size fits all...you can't mess this gift up!
- Shark Tank Bundle! ($ varies)
Last year, I had the most fun putting together a "Shark Tank" gift box for my friend Billy!
If you know anyone who is an avid fan of the show, this is so fun to do! You can set your budget, Google "Shark Tank Products" and order the ones you think they will like!
- Robe by Gillian & O'Malley at Target! (Orig $39. On sale) Cannot get enough of this robe! It's like wearing a large cozy blanket! Size up for extra snuggliness.
- Boots! Minnetonka 'Double Fringe' Boot ($63) Adorable, comfy & they pair well with so many outfits...from jeans to dresses.
- Faux Fur Eye Mask Nordstorm ($29) Target ($9)
Are you sensing a trend here? I like fuzzy, furry, comfy things... I hope you (and your friends do too! hehe)
- Sunglasses: Quay $50 My friend Brittany started a MASSIVE trend with this adorable sunnies! They flatter just about every face shape!
- Fuzzy Slippers by Beverly Rock Not only are these cute, but they are so comfy and soft! (Note: I just discovered these are currently sold out on Amazon)
This is the perfect segue into my next category since it involved the pups hehe
Before you groan at this idea, give it a chance.
I originally bought this paint date at I Heart Corky Art to benefit our local animal shelter... but it was truly one of the best, most meaningful things I've done with my boyfriend. And I look at our art everyday (we hung it in the hallway). Find a class here
- Ornaments! For the animal lover in your life, you cannot go wrong with sentimental gifts. My bestie gifted me with BEAUTIFUL silhouette ornaments for each of my furries & I absolutely treasure them!
The other option I really like is a customize-able ornament that features their breed and name on a Christmas-y scene from Ovris ($39)
- Painting/Sketch/Watercolor from Etsy! What is more special then a CUSTOM drawing or painting of their beloveds? If you can't tell, I'm very sentimental! hehe Prices range pretty widely depending on quality, detail, style...etc...
A couple shops that caught my eye...
The Paper Woodland ($85+)
Treehouse Crafts ($95+)
Doggy Arts ($30)
AstridBrisson ($77) Love the watercolor splash!
- Stockings! Pottery Barn Kids ($20+) I get the warm & fuzzies everytime I pull out the kids' stockings hehe I just love the fun animal designs and having their names added makes them even more lovable!
- Animal Compassionate Fashion! 10% of all sales are donated to the Love Infinitely Project Animal Fund
The Tree Kisser ($20+)
- Other great gifts for dog lovers... you can check out HomeGoods for ENDLESS options and of course really great prices. I always pick up stuffy toys while I'm there. They have great toys, dog dishes, beds, etc...
- Pendant Necklace: Nadri ($50) Simple, understated and versatile! A staple in any girls' jewelry box
Mama Bear Tristar Custom Designs ($25)
- Jewelry Organizer & Protector QVC ($45 set of two) I actually bought something from QVC and I love it! Not only are they functional but they keep your pretties tarnish-free.
Mama Bear Tristar Custom Designs ($25)
- Falsies: For the GLAM girl in your life, you can't go wrong with falsies! My two FAVORITE brands are House of Lashes & Lily Lashes ($9+)HOL has the BEST glue & I love their eyelash holder case for their lash stash! Tons of options.LL are sooo glam! Super FULL, high quality and long lasting.
- Bath Bombs: Make them feel warm & fuzzy with some Lush Bath Bombs. They have gift options to fit literally EVERY budget! Bonus: All of their stuff is super cute! ($12.95+)
- Hair Ties Love Mia & Co (Etsy) ($3+)Ok, these make great bridemaids gifts...but they are also super cute for your besties, everyday use (and your TEAM if you are a fellow biz owner hehe).
Social Media Lover
- Selfie Ring Light ($20) Perfect for someone who selfies!
- Portable Charger ($48) If you know someone who is ALWAYS on their phone or who travels, this is a MUST! I constantly use my portable charger to juice up at the airport (instead of having to sit on the floor near an outlet)
- Pop Socket ($8) Get a grip on your phone! It's the best thing you never knew you needed haha
- Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 8 Instant Camera ($60) So much fun for just about any age! Take (instant) mini polaroids!
- Neck Pillow ($18) As someone who travels a fair amount, having a solid neck pillow is important. Believe me when I say I've tried them ALL. I have a total of 7 neck pillows in my possession...including a $40 version. After many hours of field testing, this is HANDS DOWN the best one I've ever used!
- Luggage: Raden ($295) This is tied for priciest item on the list (it even made Oprah's Favorite Things List! and with good reason).
It's self-weighing, waterproof, beautiful, smooth spinner wheels, AND it lets you charge your devices from it's USB ports. And it's lightweight!
They also sell this at Nordstrom in some pretty colors.
- Headphones: Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones ($295) Back to back the other priciest item on the list.
For me, there was life before my headphones...and life after.
Odd fact about me: I have insanely sensitive ears. It started when I was about 25...but loud noises physically hurt me. So these babies are a MUSTTT when flying!
Also, if you are like me and cannot focus/work with a lot of noise going on around you...throw these on & play rain sounds or soothing spa music. It works wonders when our lawn service comes with the mowers and blowers.
Another side note: these babies are WELL-MADE. For those of you who remember when I traveled to Punta Cana to rescue puppies...one of the pups got a hold of these and they survived! LOL
When it comes to the men in your life, I always recommend opting for a functional gift. Here are a couple of my favorites.
- AE Suede Moccasin Slipper ($34 Sale $21)
For many years, this has been my gift of choice for my dad. They are a good looking, warm slipper...and those suckers LAST!
- Yeti! (or Yeti knockoffs) Keep their beverages cold or hot...for an unbelievable amount of time. If you live in extreme climates, this is very handy! Florida summers.... Northern winters...you'll be very happy and well hydrated!
Cooler I would venture to say this is a gift for the whole family! We actually use this constantly. Going to the beach...out on the boat... running errands for the day....TRAVELLING... My bestie and her husband recently hauled their Yeti cooler to the hospital! After she gave birth to her beautiful daughter, she didn't have to rely on hospital food/drinks.
If you have an outdoorsmen, they will love this for hunting/fishing trips!
|A very Yeti Birthday|
- Still need ideas...
Go to Harbor Freight or Costco and look around! Guys always need flashlights...heck! Flashlights always come in handy- I am grateful to have received them as gifts.
One year, I got a giant box with various sizes of new batteries. It was the BEST gift ever. Batteries are easily overlooked, they can be pricey and you never seem to have them when you need them! This is especially true if you have kids (think of all the batteries necessary for their Christmas toys! hehe)
- Portion Control Containers Love these! They make portion control simple and a bit fun.
- Portion Fix Cookbook I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you want to eat healthy...GET A COOKBOOK! It will help you stay on track by avoiding "flavor fatigue" ie cooking the SAME things over and over again. Bonus: this one works alongside the portion containers above.
- Reebook Studio Dance Strappy Bra ($48) 4 ColorsIt's gorgeous, it's flattering and it makes a statement! You don't have to be a dancer or yogi to rock this cute little number. Strappy heaven!
Wearing it under a black tank!
- Withings Scale ($102 with Amazon Coupon) I've had this scale for about 4 years now and still love it! It gives you Full Body Composition analysis anndd even cooler...it syncs to an app on your phone.
You might not think you want to record your weight...but I love having all of my stats over the last few years...especially when I was first diagnosed with Hashimotos & trying to figure out how to get my body healthy again.
- Autumn Calabrese for Beachbody You can't go wrong with cute workout gear...especially stuff that is functional, comfortable & extremely flattering! And honestly...the prices are GREAT! If you look at New Balance, Reebok, NIKE, Athleta...you are around $100 for workout pants.
The Stronger Everyday capris ($39) are my FAVORITE. They even have the scrunch butt!
- Acupuncture Appointment This year I started acupuncture and I LOVE it. It's helped so much with insomnia, migraines and so many other areas. You can use Acufinder to locate (a legit) acupuncturist near you. Or get a giftcard for a loved one.
- The Gift of Health & Fitness: If you are a follower, you know that I'm a health and fitness coach. This time of year, it's even more important to pay attention to our health (especially as we get older and have littles looking up to us!) If you want to get started or help a friend get started, I'm here to help! You can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link above to browse some of the fitness and wellness products.
I run a Wellness Babes accountability group every month! (Free for customers) APPLY HERE
I hope you've enjoyed my list and it's given you some shopping ideas! Please share and comment with your ideas!
NOTE: Search for Coupons! I like using HONEY to automatically find and apply them.
Did you make it to the end of this list and you STILL need ideas?