Pregnancy Body Image

Friday, May 26, 2017

Do I have your blessing to be completely honest?
Pregnancy is a miracle- and I do not take this baby for granted for a single second. I love feeling her move and knowing that she is healthy, growing and thriving in there.
.
Pregnancy is beautiful, incredible, awe-inspiring, bonding, ....and it's also HARD. WEIRD. CONFUSING. EMOTIONAL.
.
So many unexpected symptoms, emotions, sensations...
Most of the time it's amazing and her kicks make me giggle when I'm trying to sleep
.
But yesterday was a particularly rough day- and it all came down to BODY IMAGE
Normally I'm good about brushing comments off. Heck, I am a COACH and have several UNFLATTERING "before" pictures gracing the internet. I'm no stranger to criticism about my body. In everyday life, it's easy to see past the cruel comments and know I shared my cellulite pictures for a great cause (to encourage other women to take charge of their health and wellness).
.
Yesterday, a seed was planted in my head. A nurse saw me and said, "You look like you're near the end! When are you due?"
......."uhh, AUGUST.....31st...." 🙇🏼‍♀️
.
"Oh."
....
That little seed was like a ticking time bomb.
After I showered, I was trying to find clothes. I started sifting through some laundry...and sorting through bras.
Small...small...small.... everything I was pulling out was pre-preggo tops or bras. Out of sheer laziness, I decided to just through on a small bra. (Hey, they're stretchy...right?!)
Just imagine, for a moment, me trying to pull this small bra over myself. It was a mess...and then I was a mess.
.
RATIONALLY...LOGICALLY... I know my body has changed. And I know that's completely normal for a woman approaching 7 months pregnant...
.
But I had a complete breakdown. Tears. Snotty nose. Inconsolable. Sad. Confused. Feeling GUILTY because I know some women would kill to be carrying a child.
.
Even when I was crying...a part of me was thinking "this is so stupid- just find/buy some bigger clothes" and "This is going to seem so silly in a new months"
.
But sometimes reason doesn't make you FEEL any better 🙁
.
In this Pinterest/Instagram world, I see so many FABULOUS pregnant women in chic outfits, high heels and cute bumps.
You see "Belly only" pregnancy plans on Pinterest.
 .
I think that's wonderful and inspiring to see ladies rocking their bumps... but the comparison game is emotional suicide.
I am NOT having a "belly only" pregnancy... my butt, hips, thighs are bigger. EVERYTHING Is bigger. I feel sweaty, uncomfortable and have to roll out of bed (literally).
.
Today I decided that instead of going down the rabbit hole... I was going to do something to make me feel FEMININE & celebrate this new body shape. So I got up to workout (yay for Yoga! And happy endorphins)!! 👟
.
And I busted out some special dresses I bought back in February. I've been waiting for them to fit and show off my little sidekick hehe
.
Yay for stretchy dresses!! Hehe



.
With all of that being said, I'm teaming up with another expectant mama to offer something special!
We are launching a Wellness/Fitness/Nutrition/(Mental health 😝) community focused on Pregnancy! 👶🏼👶🏽👶🏿👶🏻👶🏾👶
.
We will be sharing workouts, tips, recipes, prepping for baby, getting through the first trimester 🤢, no topic off limits!
.
If you want in, c'mom girl!
(You can always EMAIL ME if you haven't announced your news yet!) 💌
.
Thanks for letting me be raw and share the fun UPs as well as the crazy downs.
😚😔😜😫🤠😤🤣😐🤓😇🙄

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -