Sample Meal Plan

Monday, February 7, 2011


what_foods_to_eat_for_beautiful_skin
I was just reminiscing the other day about food choices from the past. I wish I could go back in time and take a picture of my shopping cart from a couple of years ago. I thought I was making good choices with the occasional bag of pizza rolls or frozen lasagna. Looking back now, I cannot believe what I ate! It was ALL wrong...I was working against myself and didn't even know it!
Figuring out what to eat is one of the hardest challenges we face in our everyday lives. It has taken me over a year to finally come up with what works for me.  This week I had to make an adjustment to my prep day due to the Super Bowl, but I have learned that for me, preparation is a MUST. If I don't take the time to plan, then I find myself making some bad decisions for convenience. 


In order to prepare, you have to know WHAT to prepare. Food companies can be very deceiving, and it is easy to be fooled by the "Low Fat" labels.  Because of this, the grocery store can be very hard to navigate. For example, regular peanut butter is actually better for you than Low Fat peanut butter. And unless you have the knowledge, it is very easy to make a mistake and pick something you THINK is good for you. 
My rule of thumb is, if it has more than 3-5 ingredients on the label...stay away! I try to eat as many raw fruits and veggies as I can. 


Here is a sample meal plan to give you an idea of some good food choices. 
Breakfast:
Shakeology or  1/2 cup oats (I like to add flax seed to mine and sometimes blue berries) & 6 egg whites
Snack:
2 hours later
2 rice cakes with 1 tsp almond butter or PB2 on each
scoop of BB whey protein with water. Yum!
Lunch:
veggies (I like the steamed veggies in the microwaveable bags)
protein: 6 ounces of chicken, fish, eggs. Switch it up by trying different veggies, different fish, spices, etc.
Snack:
2 tablespoons of hummus (My Favorite is Tribe cracked Red Pepper)
cup or two of veggies
scoop of protein and water
Dinner:
1 or 2 cup of veggies and protein (Again, vary it up!) about 6 ounces
Snack: (about two hours later)
1-2 cups of veggies and protein (about 6 ounces)
Before bed:
1 scoop of whey protein with Casein.
AFTER RESISTANCE WORKOUT, usually in the afternoon, have my SHAKEOLOGY or one scoop of cell mass creatine with one scoop of BeachBody whey protein.
Note: You can use Shakeology for different reasons. If you’re using it as a weight-loss supplement, you can replace one of your meals with Shakeology. Just add almond milk and water. I tend to use it as both a meal replacement and a recovery drink. You choose!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -