Mini Pita Pizzas

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I love pizza! No...I LOVVVEEE pizza! But I also love my body and health and I hate the heavy sluggish feeling that comes with eating the typical pizza full of empty calories. Every once in awhile you have to indulge in the things you like, but I'm learning that I can make substitutions that won't wreck all of the hard work I put in this week! You HAVE to try this...not only is it easy, but they are little yummy snacks!
Sometimes you really want pizza, but not the guilt that comes with it. These little guys solve that problem. You can also use regular size pitas and add sliced chicken or ground turkey for a more complete clean meal. It doesn’t get any easier!


Ingredients
•100% Whole Wheat Mini Pitas
•Olive or Grape seed Oil
•Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
•Natural Pizza Sauce or Ive experimented with salsa : )
You can keep it simple or add veggies you love.

Arrange pitas on a cookie sheet and lightly brush with oil. Top with pizza sauce veggies and mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted. Enjoy as an appetizer, snack or meal!

The ones shown here have sauteed mushrooms, garlic and red onions, fresh tomatoes & basil

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -