Taco Seasoning

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday has become one of my favorite days of the week- It's my opportunity to set the tone for my entire week and prepare my food for the coming days.  I admit that I fought the Sunday prep day for a long time because I thought it would be more work...but in reality, not only does it take wayyyyy less time but it keeps me on the right track with my eating and seriously cuts down my stress and anxiety. I spent 2 hours in the kitchen today...my food is cooked and ready to go...the dishes are done and the counters are clean! It doesn't get any better than that!

Since one of my new favorite "go to" meals has become ground turkey with peppers and mushrooms, I decided that I need to experiment a little with making my own taco seasoning.  If you have never looked at one of those taco seasoning packets...the ingredient list is a little scary....anytime there are things I can't pronouce on the label, I stay away.
Turkey is sort of a bland meat though and I like a little kick to mine, so I explored the spice aisle at the grocery store and this is what I came up with:


Taco Seasoning Ingredients
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. chili powder


If I would have known how easy it was, I would have made it myself a longggg time ago!! Meat doesn't photograph well, but it tasted DELISH!!!




- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -