2 purple onions, peeled and cut into chunks
3 yellow baby squash or zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch chunks
3 small leeks, white or tender green insides only, cut in half lengthwise washed well and cut into 2-inch chunks
4 small plum tomatoes
3 or 4 bell peppers in varying colors, seeded, deveined and quartered
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
several garlic cloves, passed through garlic press
1 tbsp dried thyme
5 sprigs rosemary, chopped fine
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Combine all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, thyme and chopped rosemary.
- Mix well and arrange vegetables on prepared baking sheet. Lay a few sprigs of whole rosemary on top of vegetables and sprinkle salt over the top.
- Place in hot oven and roast for 20 minutes. Turn vegetables and continue roasting for 20 minutes until desired tenderness. Do not overcook.
- Serve vegetables over couscous on a decorative platter. Drizzle pan juices from vegetables over top.
2 ½ cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup whole-grain couscous
1 tsp sea salt
3 scallions trimmed and chopped
- Place couscous grains in a heatproof dish
- Bring stock to boil. Remove from heat
- Pour boiling stock over couscous. Cover with a plate. Let stand about 10 minutes to absorb stock.
- Fluff with a fork. Add chopped scallions and salt. Toss lightly to combine.