- Three 6-ounce packages of Morey’s Marinated Wild Alaskan Salmon (or 18 ounces of salmon with lemon, salt, pepper)
- 1 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper (or roasted red peppers)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
Bake salmon at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, until salmon is fully cooked through the center. With about 15 minutes to go, begin steaming asparagus. Then, mix feta, chopped cucumber, bell pepper, onion and seasonings (season to your liking) together. In a large sauce pan, bring 1 cup water and 1 tbsp olive oil to a boil. Remove from heat and pour 1 cup dry couscous into the sauce pan. Stir well and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add veggie and cheese mixture and fluff. Measure 1 cup couscous mixture and serve with salmon and asparagus.
Servings: 1 Carb, 2 Protein (Level 1) or 4 Protein (Level 2), 1.5 Vegetable, 1 dairy, 1 fat (1/2 from oil, half from marinade on Morey’s salmon. Reduce fat and about 120 calories by using fresh salmon flavored with lemon and don’t use olive oil in the couscous).
(Approximately 700 calories for Level 1, 900 for Level 3)