- 18 ounces chicken, cut into small chunks
- ¼ packet fajita seasoning mix
- ½ bell pepper (I like red)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Several slices of white onion (you decide how much)
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas (we like Mission whole-wheat wraps)
- Guacamole: 1 avocado, ½ medium tomato, chopped red onion, a few shakes of Lawry’s salt.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and some fajita mix and cook in a skillet. In a separate skillet, sauté garlic, bell peppers, onion and mushrooms (use a small amount of olive oil if necessary). Meanwhile, prepare guacamole (mix all ingredients above). When vegetables are fully cooked, mix a small amount of fajita mix with ¼ cup water and pour on vegetables. Increase heat and boil off the water. Heat tortillas on a clean skillet over medium-high heat for 15 seconds per side. Add ingredients on top the tortilla (for Level 3 you may need to have some of that chicken on the side since it probably won’t fit into one tortilla), attempt to form into a burrito, and enjoy!
Portions: 1 Carbohydrate, 2 Protein (Level 1) or 4 Protein (Level 3), 1 Fat, 1 Vegetable
(Approximately 550 calories for Level 1, 750 calories for Level 3)
Obviously all of these recipes can be modified to meet your caloric and portion-size needs as well as personal taste preferences (I like garlic and onion- not everyone does!). For example, I don’t always use the feta in the couscous because I typically get my two dairy servings earlier in the day.