Summer means....Farmer's Markets!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011


One of the many things I LOVE about summer....besides the warmth, outdoor activities, and beach vacations....are the Farmer's Markets!! #1 There is always something interesting to see there! I'm a people watcher- and I gotta tell ya, it doesn't get much better than an outdoor market lol #2 There is tons of fresh produce that is cheap, cheap, cheap! #3 Supporting the local farmers- gotta show them some love! #4 No matter when I go, I ALWAYS buy myself a beautiful bouquet of flowers :)
So bring on the fresh yummy veggies and fruit! 
If you live in Pittsburgh, here is the schedule for the Farmer's Market locations around town. I always end up going to one in Southside- but who knows...maybe I'll branch out this year!

Citiparks Farmers’ Markets
May 9 – November 23, 2011
Mondays(opens May 9)3:30 – 7:30 p.m.East Liberty
Penn Circle West
Tuesdays(opens May 10) 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.South Side
20th and Sidney Streets
Wednesdays
(opens June 1) 
3:30 – 7:30 p.m.Carrick
Carrick Shopping Center
Brownsville Road & Parkfield Street
Thursdays(opens May 12) 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.Bloomfield 
Immaculate Conception School Parking Lot
Cedarville Street & Friendship Avenue
Thursdays(opens June 9)3:30 – 7:30 p.m.Beechview (New Location)Beechview & Broadway Avenues
Fridays(opens May 13) 
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.Downtown Pittsburgh
City-County Building, Grant Street
Fridays(opens May 13)3:30 – 7:30 p.m.North SideAllegheny Commons Park
(East Commons)
East Ohio Street & Cedar Avenue

1 comment:

  1. This makes me miss Pittsburgh!!
    Southside Farmer's Market is my ALL-Time favorite =)

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -