National Kidney Foundation- Pittsburgh Walk

Monday, July 18, 2011

Get your tissues ready! My friend Kristin made a video to honor her late Aunt who recently passed away. Please show your support by joining us for the walk, sharing her video, or by simply having a moment of silence to honor those who have suffered.
It's times like this that I stop to count my blessings and really appreciate my good health. It's so important to take care of yourself because not everyone has the luxury of a clean bill of health.
Do something good for your body today!

.
Why I Am Walking

On March 20, 1977, my Aunt Karen received a kidney transplant. On May 2, 2011, 34 years, 1 month, and 12 days later, she left this life to move on to a better place. She led a very difficult life, but she fought and defied all odds until the very end. I am walking to honor her memory, and recognize her life. Without that transplant, I would have never gotten the chance to meet Aunt Karen, let alone spend 26 and a half years getting to know her. Help me raise awareness and honor my aunt, Karen Maher...Let's Walk!

To join Karen's Krusader and walk with us on November 6, 2011 at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium or to make a donation to Karen's Krusaders and help us reach our fundraising goal... go to:
http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Walk/DelawareValley?px=1834159&pg=person...

If you have any further questions, or would like to contact me, please feel free to do so!

Kristin Maher
kemaher@gmail.com
http://www.krismaher.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/krissibelle

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -