Clean Eating Magazine never disappoints! I'm trying to figure out some good Thanksgiving recipes now before I'm at the store in a panic lol PS Where did November come from?? this year literally FLEW by!
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 14- to 16-lb turkey, defrosted and brought to room temperature
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 recipe Mushroom & Leek Stuffing, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F. In a small bowl, stir together rosemary, lemon zest, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Prep turkey, following the Step-By-Step Turkey Prep Guide.
- Transfer turkey to oven and roast for a total time of 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. While turkey roasts, make Pomegranate Glaze. After 2 hours of cooking, loosely cover turkey with foil to prevent over-browning. When turkey is 20 to 30 minutes from being done (meat temperature registers about 160 F), uncover and baste with half of Pomegranate Glaze. The turkey is done when juices run clear and a meat thermometer registers 180 F when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh and 165 F when inserted into the center of stuffing in the body cavity.
- Remove turkey from oven and let rest for 20 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to remaining Pomegranate Glaze and reheat on low until hot but not bubbling. Spoon stuffing out of neck and body cavity and transfer to a serving bowl. Remove turkey skin and carve. Drizzle each serving with 2 tsp Pomegranate Glaze and serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup broth, jam and honey. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture reduces by half, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow glaze to thicken.
Nutrients per serving (4 oz skinless white meat, 1/2 cup stuffing, 2 tsp glaze): Calories: 320, Total Fat: 4 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 36 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 25 g, Sodium: 530 mg, Cholesterol: 60 mg.