Drink Lemon water in the Morning

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

So I've posted about this before...but I have to update everyone because I found a Wayyyyy easier way of dealing with your lemons! Since I am not a morning person, I literally try to find every short cut in the book to make my AM routine easier lol
To get the full benefits of drinking lemon water, the lemons have to be FRESH! That means...Im using a knife in the morning...umm HELLO...danger!
Sooo instead of dealing with the lemons in the morning...on Sunday I started JUICING the lemons and freezing it into cute little stars! I can't take credit for this idea, I picked it up from some of the ladies! But it makes life sooo much easier!
Just pop a little cube in your hot water and you're good to go!


Got this bad boy on SALE because it is "Christmas Themed" If you haven't tried these silicon trays yet, they are ahhhhmaazzing!


Sooo whyyyy drink lemon water?




Number 1
It balances pH--Lemon is an acidic food, but once metabolized, it becomes alkaline. Why bother?

To put it most simply, alkalies help keep the oxygen in our blood at a safe pH level, and this helps our body heal itself, assimilate nutrients and fight off unwanted sickness.

Number 2
It keeps skin clear and glowing!   I have noticed this.  Hydration from drinking lemon water is great for moisturizing our skin from the inside out.  Lemon also contains lots of Vitamin C, which helps with wrinkles and blemishes. Who wants wrinkles?!

Number 3
It kick starts the digestive system--a big glass of lemon water is a great way to start the day.  It encourages the liver to produce bile which in turn aids in digestion.  It increases urination which helps purify it.  It also helps with heartburn and constipation. **giggle** It has a strong cleansing effect on your liver and will help you eliminate those toxins!

Number 4
It helps with weight loss--I have read that keeping the body in an alkaline state helps people lose weight faster. Your metabolism will get a nice kick start for the day!  Lemons are high in fiber pectin, which helps keep one full, longer.  They also have a diuretic effect, which helps with water weight gain.

Number 5
It helps control the coffee habit- I feel like the lemon water wakes me up more than coffee does... plus coffee is icky! lol

...which brings me to bonus Number 6:
It helps kick the pop habit--I have found that adding lemon to sparkling water and adding a whole lot of ice satisfies any soda craving I might have.  I gave up pop and I really don't miss it.  I don't think I could stand the sweetness of it now, but I DO miss the fizz, so my "Lemon Spritzer"--lemon +sparkling water+ice--is the perfect solution!

Try to drink it will a straw to keep the lemon off of your teeth or simply rinse with a glass of water after!

Do you enjoy lemon water? or have any other fun tips? Post in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Someone else just recently suggested the juice of half a lemon with hot water, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some cayenne pepper to warm up in the winter. It should have the same effects, and I think it's part of that "Master Cleanse" program.

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -