Zesty Spinach Soup Eat Clean Recipe

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ok, so I'll share the "Official recipe" and then what I did because lord knows I can't follow directions! I have to put my own spin on things lol


Ingredients


    2 Tbsp olive oil 1 onion, chopped 1 C carrots, sliced 1 C celery, including leaves 3 garlic cloves, minced black pepper to taste 6 C chicken broth 2 C chopped tomatoes 1/2 C quinoa 2 C WHITE kidney beans 1 tsp curry powder pinch nutmeg 3 C baby spinach


Directions

Heat oil in pan over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and saute until soft.

Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes.

Add broth, tomatoes, quinoa, beans, and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.

Add spinach and cover. Cook about 3 minutes, until leaves wilt and are soft.

Season with pepper, optional.

Number of Servings: 8

My Spin the on the recipe!
    2 Cups onion chopped 
    2 Cups carrots, sliced 
    1 Cup celery, including leaves 
    3 garlic cloves, 
    black pepper to taste
    8 Cups chicken broth
    2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
    2 Cups chopped tomatoes (I used diced in the can! CHECK THE LABEL!! Look for a brand with JUST tomato!! Forget all of that crap they add!!)
    1/2 Cup Barley trust me! dont go crazy on the barley! lol
    1 Cup Whole Grain Rotini 
    2 Cups WHITE kidney beans 
    2 Veggie Bullion cubes 
    3 C baby spinach (I used frozen! Wayyyy easy!)

Here is the breakdown-

Throw frozen spinach in pot with 1/4 cup water. While that was simmering, I cut up all of the veggies! Throw those in a pan to saute! (Mushrooms, celery, carrots, onions, and whatever veggies you like!)

Pour your veggie broth in the mac daddy pot and bring to a boil- add boillions, veggies, white kidney beans, and whatever you think would taste good!

Then I added the barley and pasta. Currently my soup is simmering and the WHOLE house sounds AMAZING!!!


- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -