You may want to stand up to read this. Recent research from the American Cancer Society has linked sitting too long and too much to serious health conditions! EEKK and even an increased risk of DEATH! I sit ALL day and it kills me- I thought I was being dramatic but omg it's actually true! Check this out...def reason to get off your butt and move!!
- Women who sit more than 6 hours a day are 37 percent more likely to die during a set time period than those who sit fewer than 3 hours a day
- Men who sit more than 6 hours a day are 18% more likely to die during a set time period than those who sit fewer than 3 hours a day
- Most Americans are inactive 15 to 16 hours per day.
- We sit for at least 8 hours a day.
- Obese people sit for 2.5 more hours a day than thin people. And 1 in 3 Americans is obese
- Chewing gum expands more energy than sitting does.
- People with seated jobs have twice the rate of cardiovascular disease as people with standing jobs.
- Even if you exercise, you still might lead a sedentary lifestyle. “Sitting too much is not the same as exercising too little.” ~quote from research Dr. Marc Hamilton
- Taking more breaks from sedentary behavior lowers your waist size, body mass index, blood lipids and glucose tolerance – all good things!
- 70% of school classroom time is completely sedentary.
- When sitting the electrical activity in your muscles drop to the level of a dead horse.
Are you standing yet? Get up now and outrun the Grim Reaper that is hunched over your chair!!