I had SUCH a sweet tooth! So I'm always looking for healthy alternatives to satisfy my carb/sugar cravings. This bread hits the spot- it's tough to share but everyone I've given it to has LOVED it!
Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 X 8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
In small bowl combine: (set aside)
1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol) ---->> you can find this at Whole Foods or use Stevia/Truvia
2 tsp cinnamon
In a large bowl combine: (whisk together)
1 1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw
In a medium bowl combine: (whisk together & add to lrg bowl)
2 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze)
1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce and ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter).
- Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top.
- Draw a knife through the batter to marble.
- Bake for 24 to 28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense
If you need more guidance- check out the video Jamie made on Bodybuilding.com
|Mix Dry ingredients|
|I added a handful of almonds!|
|I sprinkled with oatmeal on top!|
|Mmmm the house smells soooo good!|
|Serve with some greek yogurt mixed with cinnamon and stevia!|