Spa Day Sunday

Monday, July 16, 2012

When you start your week out right, Monday isn't so scary! I'm so glad I got back to my Sunday spa routine because I gotta tell ya...I jumped out of bed this morning. 
This of course was partly due to the fact that I was so relaxed yesterday that I was ready for bed by 930p lol
The boyfriend was pretty relaxed as well- he always thinks my beauty things are silly...until he tries them. If you don't already have a sleep mask...get one asap. They are amazing- especially if you travel a lot or get headaches. 
I love love love getting new beauty goodies so I made a trip over to Sally's Beauty yesterday and picked up a new clay mask, hair product and always have to get one new nail polish =)

FACE:
Occasionally, I'm embarrassed to say...I fall asleep with my makeup on. Even one night completely clogs my pores and you know it's bad when your man mentions something about it to you! Eeeeek! I was in DESPERATE need of a pore cleansing! My pick of the week- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.
It was about $6-7 at Sally's
It says it absorbs excess oil, rinses away blackheads and minimizes the appearance of pores. I left it on for about 20 minutes until it was dry but I read reviews about people leaving it on overnight and having amazing results. It had an amazing smell and a nice cooling sensation. It was a little tingly- it was like a could feel my pores being cleaned out.
The Result: Loved it! My skin felt great and the BF commented on what a difference it made. You KNOW it's good when your man wants you to put it on him next lol
UPDATE: Jay let me put the mask on him!! Check it out!



HAIR:
Next on my list- Repair my dry/damaged hair. I thought I'd give Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute Re-constructor a whirl
Wash hair and then work 1/2 ounce evenly through hair. Leave on for 2-5 minutes. If you want maximum penetration, you can cover your hair with a warm towel or shower cap. I opted not to...just because.
The Result: To be determined. I felt like my hair was silky, softer and it air dried straight! That never happens. I can't really tell if it made that much of a difference. It says to use Weekly so I'm going to try again next week. It does smell pretty yummy as well.



BODY: Baking Soda Body Scrub. My sister has been telling me about this for awhile...and I just never got around to trying it until now...
Baking Soda as an exfloliant/body scrub
So I looked up a ton a "recipes" for this online. You can add scents, essential oils, olive oil, coconut, etc...but for simplicity's sake I went with the good ole fashioned Baking Soda plus water. 3 parts baking soda, one part water = body scrub.
Rub this all over your body, rinse. Doesn't get much simpler than that!
The Result: I like. It's cheap, green, and easy. You miss out on sudsy fun, but that's a small price to pay. 
I waited until I was completely dry before putting on any lotion because I wanted to see if it actually made my skin any softer, and I think it did! 
I'll prob be more careful next time because I got Baking Soda everywhere when I was rinsing it off lol Good thing it's also a great bathroom cleaner.
Is there anything Baking Soda can't do?



Onto Breakfast! Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal and Eggs!
I'm not exactly sure when my love affair with cinnamon started but I lovee it so much. It makes the whole house smell warm and cozy!
Why I love this recipe:
it's super easy, it's healthy, it's a great alternative to cereal and boring breakfast options

Ingredients:

1 cup Almond Milk
1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 banana, thinly sliced
Directions:

Heat Almond Milk (or water) in a small saucepan. Add thinly sliced banana and cinnamon. Keep pan over heat and stir for approximately five minutes until the bananas dissolve. I like my oats to be hearty and a little dry so I add them last. Stir, pour oatmeal into a bowl and if you're feeling frisky, add almond and banana slices.



Reading on a Sunday is a MUST! My Top recommendation right now- The Greatest Miracle in the World.
Wow, wow, wow is all I am gonna say. Make sure this book makes it on your list!  One of my ultimate joys in life- curl up in a good reading chair by the window with a super comfy throw blanket, a great book, and a delicious smelling house. Thank you to my gorgeous friend Donna for the most amazing candle ever!!
The Sunday night festivities didn't end there... I was sooooo excited to make popcorn! We opted for the over the stove popper thingy. So exciting! It was like a mini adventure. We settled in on the couch with our popcorn to cuddle. Perfection <3

So here we are...Monday again! Time to get my booty into gear! But first...I must decide which color?! Orange or blue!
Along with Body Beast, we've been running through the beautiful Santa Monica neighborhood. I need some new kicks because sadly, mine are getting worn out! They recommend using them for only 500 miles (typically about 6 months or less!!) Booo!!



2 comments:

  1. Well....

    A. Love the header! Gotta come out this week so you a teach me the trade!
    B. Definitely BLUE!
    C. I'm going to have to schedule off work on Sunday's to join your spa day! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, a couple of things. I LOVE THE MINT JULEP MASK!!! It's awesome and left my skin feeling great. I didn't try the hair product of which you spoke, but I bought a product called "Diamond Shine" and I have never had softer or healthier looking hair! Thanks for 1. Introducing me to "Spa Day", and 2. introducing me to Sally Beauty Supply because they are my new favorite store! :-)

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -