Healthy Stuffed Pancake Recipe

Monday, September 3, 2012

Woah ok so I am totally on this pancake bender right now...I can't get enough so I've been trying some new things out and I think you're going to love this! 

In case you haven't seen my recent pancake posts, I've tried a lot of healthy varieties lately (go here and here) but I think I honed in my on fav!

On to Pancake Heaven:
I started out with my "icing" on the side...then got an idea...
PANCAKE RECIPE:
1 scoop of Banana Nut Bread protein powder (I get it here:Bodybuilding.com)
1/4 cup of egg whites
3 tbs of Almond Milk (or whatever milk you use)
1tsp of cinnamon (I tend to go a lil crazy with the cinnamon! love it!)
1tsp of nutmeg
-Mix all together in bowl or blender.

Optional mash 1/4 of a banana to mix in. 
Make like regular pancakes! 
STACK EM UP! 
FILLING:
Now to make the stacked deliciousness...You'll want to make my "icing" Get a small container of 0% Fat Greek Yogurt and mix in either 1 Packet of Stevia or Truvia OR 3/4 Scoop of the protein powder of your choice. I like Whipped Vanilla or the Banana Nut Bread. Mix and layer in between each pancake. TO DIE FOR!!!!!



My boyfriend can eat pretty much whatever he wants and still look amazing...I however do not bounce back so quickly. He was teasing me with sweet treats...but honestly I WIN because this was healthy/heavenly...and he was totally jealous! To good to share!! haha
The only thing that would have made it better is if we had fruit to put on top!
If you want to try some other things I was thinking that layering a little peanut butter and slices of banana would taste amazing. Nutella has a lot of sugar but if you are working hard, it might be a delicious reward one morning.

OR!! Instead of stacking baby pancakes like I did....you can make ONE big one...Mix 1 Tbsp Nut Butter (almond, PB, your choice) plus 2 Tbsp greek yogurt and a packet of Stevia. Throw in a dash of dark chocolate chips...put filling in your pancake and roll it up like a burrito. Ummm yea that sounds mouth watering. 


LOL! too hilarious not to share. I've def felt like this before!!! 
You're beautiful =) 

Date at the park with my babies
Morning Cardio through our beautiful neighborhood 

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -