How To: Create a Beanie Baby Costume
Last year, we did something a little more elaborate. This mother of dragons was veryyy happy with our little costumes hehe
This year, with Winston's surgery...I decided to keep things very simple! And I love crafting so yay!
There are SO many different ways you can make this... some people PRINT it on cardstock (and include a little poem on the inside. So cute).
But I actually wanted to make a felt tag for comfort and durability.
I found a great tutorial that includes the TY template...but I changed things up a little to make it easier.
- Red Felt
- White Felt (with Sticky Back! Available at Joann Fabric)
If you can only find regular felt, you will need a hot glue gun to attach the letters
- Red Ribbon
- Printer (to Print out Template)
The HOW TO:
- Print TY Logo. Since I have three pups, I printed different sizes for them.
- I cut out the heart and traced it on felt with a chalk pencil. Or you can simply tape your template to the felt and cut it out.
- Once you have your heart, you can move onto the letters. Tape them to felt and cut them...or trace them onto felt and cut them. NOTE: Since I used a white felt with a sticky back, it was easiest for me to trace the letters onto the sticker stick backwards. I included a pic which will hopefully make it clear.
- Remove sticker backing from letters and place on red felt
- Cut hole for ribbon (or you could glue it to the back). I chose to create a small loop...and use more ribbon to create a big loop (a "collar") that goes around their neck. This helps the TY tag face forward without twisting around.
|Trace & Cut out heart|
|Created the TY letters on sticker felt by tracing them backwards on the sticky side.|
|Cut out letters, remove backing and attach to heart.|