Believe and Achieve

Saturday, February 12, 2011

So last night, I was up until 6:30am in the morning having an anxiety attack over a test a had to take today. I've been studying and learning the material for the last 4 months now, and I was seriously stressing that I would fail!
Despite that fact that I got about 2 hours of sleep....I went to take this daunting test and not only did I pass it, but I actually did really well (90% woot woot!!).
So....on the drive home, as I was BEAMING...I started to think about how silly it was that I was so worried. When I told my friends and family that I passed, they all said the SAME thing.  "I KNEW YOU WOULD"
It made me think about that book I recently read, "Failing Forward"  Sometimes no matter how scary something might seem...whether it's starting a new job, a new workout routine...or something else we want to accomplish....we just have to have faith in ouselves. More often than not, we end up surprising ourselves and pushing ourselves to a new level. And the crazy thing is...our friends and family believed in us the WHOLE time.  which is exactly why having a support group around you is so important!!

And...if we don't hit our goal the first time...we need to value that...not as a failure...but as a learning opportunity.  We are so afriad to fail, that we build things up in our heads and make them seem like impossible tasks....when in reality...we are more than capable of conquering them.
I feel like I learned an important lesson today...never to doubt myself! When I started P90X...I was so horrible at it. I was honestly afraid to even start it because I knew I would suck lol But everyday that I had to pause the videos and take 1000 breaks...it was not me failing...it was me getting one step closer to success!!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I'm posting my workout video soon!!! Be on the look out!!

xoxoxo
kati

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -