Messages from an angel

Tuesday, September 20, 2011


Angels are everywhere if you only stop to notice. Sometimes they even let you in on a few secrets.
I was busy shopping last week. Passing others in my small town of Sidney, each one focused equally  on their last minute missions, I barely noticed an old woman coming my way until she stopped me to compliment me on my hair. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a handful of hair-ties and offered me one. I took one, thanked her and was about to go on my way when she said that she had something else for me.
Stone angel
Suspicion arose in me as she fumbled with her packages. I was anticipating “one of those” pamphlets or a lecture on the end of the world that is coming sooner than we know. Instead I noticed neat little bundles of small bits of paper, held together with paper clips.
“I’m 87, you know,” she said,” and still able to get around and talk to people.” She smiled. We touched hands and said, “Merry Christmas”. I put the hair-ties and the papers she gave me in my pocket and walked on. The memory of our chance meeting stayed with me all day.
It wasn’t until I was relaxing later that evening that I came across my little package of papers and finally looked at what she had given me. They were not doom and gloom at all, but messages of hope and inspiration, each painstakingly photocopied and cut into individual servings. I offer you the two that touched me the most and are the most appropriate to “Being Human”.  I still remember our hands touching. Angels are everywhere if you only stop to notice.
  • 1. Happiness consists of being perfectly satisfied with what we have, not with what we have achieved.
  • 2. Rules for Being Human
YOU WILL RECEIVE A BODY
You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period, at least this time around.
YOU WILL LEARN LESSONS
You are enrolled in a full time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, ONLY LESSONS
Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation.  The “failed” experiment is as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “worked”.
A LESSON IS REPEATED UNTIL LEARNED
A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
LEARNING LESSONS DOES NOT END
There is no part of life that does not contain it’s lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
THERE IS NO BETTER THAN “HERE”
When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again, look better than “here”
OTHERS ARE MERELY MIRRORS OF YOU
You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
WHAT YOU MAKE OF YOUR LIFE IS UP TO YOU
You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
YOUR ANSWERS LIE INSIDE YOU
The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
YOU WILL FORGET ALL THIS
Unless you consistently stay focused on the goals you have set for yourself, everything that you have read won’t mean a thing.

http://lifeasahuman.com/

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -