Honest Ultimate Reset Review

Friday, March 8, 2013

Since I'm doing the Ultimate Reset again, I wanted to post a new review for you guys. The first time I did the Ultimate Reset was back in May of 2012.

MY FIRST ROUND: 
It went well, I got results from it but mentally...I just wasn't a fan.  To be honest, I kind of felt like a little kid who didn't get their way.  It was forcing me to change my routine, my meal plan, my eating schedule and step outside of my comfort zone...which really p*ssed me off haha  I looked at the experience as taking away from me...instead of looking at what I could GAIN from it. We even went and pigged out on Cold Stone Creamery the night before (gotta have it size! eep!)

I was VERY tired the first few days, had muscle pains, stomach pains (which I learned was all because I wasn't drinking anywhere near enough water) and maybe because my body was super loaded with toxins? LOL

By the end I was happy for it to be over with, but I did pick up a few tips and things I loved along the way

  1. Himalayian Salt (o-m-gee delicious & nutritious hehe it adds natural minerals that your body needs)
  2. The Oatmeal breakfast with maple syrup- to dieee for
  3. Drinking a ton of water
  4. Consciously eating & chewing completely. You actually shouldn't drink water during your meal because it dilutes digestive juices & acids, slowing down digestion which can cause digestive problems. Who knew?
  5. Sleep! ah the sleep I got was AMAZING! 
  6. My skin was super clear after the first week- what girl wouldn't love that?
  7. And this is really random...but I had one fingernail that always had bumps and ridges. I don't know what the technical term for that is...but strangely enough...after the reset..all of my nails were beautiful. I don't have the science to back it up, but it did something for my nails lol
Ok so maybe I was being a huge baby because as I think of all of the benefits, they definitely outweighed the discomfort.  It's just really funny to look back on some of the videos I made on Day 2

My Current Reset Experience:
It's so funny because I feel like I'm in a completely different mental space than I was last May. This time around is NOTHING like the first time. 
I have had NONE of the fatigue or muscle pain I had the first time. My mood has been great the entire time and I'm actually ENJOYING the meal prep.

So what's different?  I've been really reflecting on that over the last few days and I think it's a combination of a few things
  1.  My reason for WANTING to do the Ultimate Reset this time is solid. The first time we did it, I really just wanted to see what it was all about and experience it for myself. I didn't do it for ME...I did it to be able to help my team and the people who I coach. I love my team dearly...but if you are going to stick to a workout...meal plan...or doing ANYTHING really...you have to do it for YOU. This time I really thought about why I wanted to do it...and how I want to feel by the end of it...that motivation is greater than anything.
  2. I know what to expect! I KNOW to drink my water! Constantly! I know that some of the meals I didn't care for so I can substitute something I like. I know that I can pick ONE thing for breakfast and have that all week so I'm not ripping my hair out. 
  3. I'm focused on ENJOYING the journey instead of the pursuit of perfection. I read the guide cover to cover...took notes and insisted that we do everything 100% exactly how they laid it out. Honestly, it stressed me out hardcore. I couldn't focus on enjoying our journey of detoxing...I just keep spazzing about whether or not we were perfect.
  4. I have my support team. My boyfriend Jay and friend/success partner Abby are helping me stick with it by supporting me every step of the way.
As of day 12, I am down 3 lbs. Weight loss isn't necessarily my goal but it's neat to see the relationship between food and how you look/feel. I have amazing energy
FINAL RESULTS: Starting weight 122.9  Ending Weight 116.4


If you think you want to do the Reset and/or you have any questions...just shoot me an email heifnerk@gmail.com

Some pics for you of my journey hehe
Love this salad!




My baby!

Fav dressing

Week 1 Snack!

Lemon water! Makes it so much more delicious!

All of the supplments


My FAV breakfast!! Mouth watering!


Date night! I didn't cheat! Yay go me!

I hate fish so on day 1 I did chicken instead of salmon



Add caption

Day 12 Results!


Breakfast!



Date night at Universal Studios!

5 comments:

  1. what program are you using to track your weight?? good luck on the reset. I am thinking about doing it in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I have a Withings scale. It is AWESOME. You can DL an app for your phone and it sends your measurements right to your phone. Love it <3
      You'll have to let me know if you decide to do the Reset. I can't believe I only have 6 days left!

      Delete
  2. I cannot eat fish. Can I substitute chicken for it every time? Will that effect the outcome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the purpose of not exercising during the Ultimate Reset? What happens if I do exercise? I exercise most days and the thought of not exercising for 21 days doesn't really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do all these recipes come with the program?

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -