Adult Bedtime Routine: What to Do Instead of Watch TV

Monday, February 22, 2021



One day, I’m going to write a book:⁣
“๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ-๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง... ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ & ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ {๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐Ÿฟ๐˜ฑm}”⁣
In my workout, Autumn said something that stood out to me. “Your body is the result of your lifestyle” ⁣
It reminded me of a quote about our lives being the culmination of previous decisions we’ve made. The partner we’re with...the furniture in our home...the clothes in our closet...and the state of our health/fitness ⁣
Disclaimer here- my heart absolutely breaks for people with health issues. You guys know I dealt with a mystery diagnosis for ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ด⁣
Some things ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ out of our control - however I do think we give TOO much power away.
Control what you can control ๐ŸŒท
As Dr Hyman says, “๐˜Ž๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜Ž๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜—๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ”⁣
After removing my implants, my health has continued to improve in so many ways. Another breastie asked what I’ve been doing to break through another plateau ⁣
...and I’ve been simmering on this question for days... what is different for me now vs last year?⁣
1) SLEEP ⁣
2) SUNSHINE/FRESH AIR ⁣
Let me start with the outdoor love (praying for those of you dealing with record low temps) ⁣
I stopped taking vitamin D supps (topic for another time but follow Matt Blackburn)
And started intentionally taking mini breaks to go outside. ⁣๐ŸŒฟ
Apparently, I need tasks ๐Ÿ˜„so in our yard you’ll find my beloved compost pile and tons of rose bushes/flowers I’ve planted this year.
Popping outside has been a huge mood & energy booster! ⁣especially when I can be active - gardening is a great task to keep my interest and help me stay physically active.
SLEEP- this is twofold topic.
Last June I had a strong conviction come over me to cancel all forms of tv. Rich thankfully agreed and we haven’t looked back. No more stressful shows or horror movie commercials popping up to haunt me. No more binge watching (someone did let me log in to watch bridgerton omg!!๐Ÿ˜)⁣
I started listening to audio books & podcasts at night instead. Not having the option of tv or shows keeps me on track. ⁣
The best part is I’ve learned SO MUCH - about an unbelievable range of topics. Personal development, historical events, biographies, astronomy, religion, health...My knowledge base continues to grow! ⁣
Tv = zone out ⁣
Audio = lean in and learn + I usually drift off to sleep
Waking up RESTED & schooled ๐Ÿ˜†









- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -